[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - Everything you need to know about RAGE!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Everything you need to know about RAGE! 

Post Everything you need to know about RAGE!
Welcome to this short introduction of rage.

What is rage?
Rage is a feeling of extreme annoyance/anger and many other negative emotions caused by:
i) A certain event that happened in the game (eg, bomb crate when carrying Time cop, Armr Upgrd, 4 c4s, Nuke, utility gun, mass driver and TE .21 Cal)
ii) Repeated deaths, resolving in the player spending all their money
iii) Being specifically targeted by another player.
iv) Quit when you are losing
v) Quit when your winning game suddenly takes a dive and you start to lose

How do I know if I am suffering from Raging?
You would most likely
i) Hit Alt-F4 and leave the game
ii) Use extreme profanity usually coupled with blatant amounts of swearing
iii) Yell at a single person that has caused you much grief and most likely make hollow threats. (That are usually ignored by the reciever)

How do you know if SOMEONE else if raging?
Usually when you see the symptoms above or
i) Deliberately sabotage your team and/or troll.
ii) They swear at you. Alot. All the time.
iii) When someone whines every two seconds about camping or spamming.

What are some common phrases/quotes from RAGING?
i) RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!!!
ii) F*ck you [name]
iii) This is stupid/retarded/unfair.
iv) Bullshi*
v) You know what? F*ck this.

How can I calm down from Raging
Many helpings include (Corny, yes, I know):
i) Announcing 'brb' and find a place to relax for about 10 min, listening to some soft music.
ii) Chat with some friends (*cough*Skulltaggers*cough*)

XD Happy Raging

Last edited by lawa001 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 05, 2010 3:57 am

Post Re: Everything you need to know about RAGE!
Also add: Spectators (such as myself) further aggravate the ragers causing sometimes resulting ragequits.

Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

This should be stickied.

Wed May 05, 2010 2:44 pm
Profile WWW

Wed May 05, 2010 3:32 pm

That right there is Rage Boys :lol:

Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 pm
Profile WWW

Lmfao that is good stuff.

Wed May 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Wed May 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Don't forget that they say "HAX" a lot!

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Sun May 09, 2010 8:15 pm

How do you know if SOMEONE else if raging?
Usually when you see the symptoms above or
i) Deliberately sabotage your team and/or troll.
ii) They swear at you. Alot. All the time.
iii) They complain about camping, spamming, or any other lame excuse that can be countered.
iv) They do nothing but run around the spawn room and telling everyone to surrender. (I'm guilty of this, sadly... but what else are you to do when you're left with just a Repair Centre and a Res Centre with 5 Madcats outside your door?)

Either way, the way I see it, games are meant to be for fun, right? If you're not having fun, what's the point of playing? "To not be a pussy" Wat. Again, it's a game. If you're judging masculinity by a computer game, then I suggest you go outside, go to a party, and say how manly you are because you have the balls to play a game that you're hating. See how many people see the holes in your logic.

If you see me "ragequit", more often I'm just irritated, say "well that was gay", and go off to MSN or Facebook to make plans with people.

Oftentimes I can imagine some people are like the MMORPG Freak Out kid.

Last edited by atac on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:43 pm

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:59 pm
Profile WWW

I've seen some people on this forum that have done that as soon as they've lost a single building.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 pm

You guys take AOW2 waaaaay too srsly.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:12 am

Why is dat? I have a life too; I just went out fishing on a lake with my dad and a bunch of friends for 9 hours. Had a blast.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:52 am

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:14 am

I know my input is the last thing needed here, so I decided to do so. Anyway, it seems we are all in bands these days. Nonetheless, we may never get that gig we hoped for...

Back on topic, I think this is a prime example of social interaction. As Charles Darwin said, no 2 species can obtain the same niche at the same time. This will result in competition, whether it be for food, reproduction, or the best post on a topic not much different than this one. Ironically, this topic has drifted from mere discussion to an argument. I hope I have derailed this enough to make people forget about what just happened the last few posts. What we need to focus on is that this is a forum. This is where discussions like this are to be held. If one person must argue over the seriousness of an online game, and whether or not he can correctly say how serious other people take it, then so be it. But if that person were to say something extraordinary, he may end up getting this topic locked. We as a people are not accustomed to change and must label it as a problem, rather than a mere difference. Yet over time, we can accept these new values, and adopt them as our own. But in the mean time, I would suggest that we just get used to it. There are people who get paid to play online games. Other people, such as myself, enjoy games for what they are, and not for the social competition. People may not always be remembered whether they win or lose. But if you get the most points, or the most frags, you may become notorious. This is even more true if you do this often. How you do it could also be a factor.

What we need to know about rage is who does it. Sure, there are those 1 time rage quitters. And maybe even the team switchers. But if we are going to squabble over who has a life, then we should all rage!

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:56 am

^ Wat

At any rate what I meant was that there's more important things to put your energy towards. Lol.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:45 am

Last edited by Ænima on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Well, nothing you can you do about that shit. Obsidian tried hosting priv; no one used it. I tried running a tournament (twice) and its been pretty disastrous. You are stuck with these sort of people forever.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Oi! The priv was used, at least once, and it was an amazing game, however, yes, you will have to deal with faggots like that.

----------------------------
Projects:
OMP: Opposition Multipurpose Wad (Primary Developer)
AOW 2: Omega (Tester)

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:03 pm

I actually played a private match. Very fun without the randomness.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next