[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - Question about repairing/healing.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Question about repairing/healing. 

Post Question about repairing/healing.
This has been bugging me for a little while. I have a few questions to ask:

1. Does the Repairgun/Medigun give health to empty Mechs? I know that piloted mechs can, but for Ravens, Madcats, and Wolverines that have been evacuated, is it possible to give it health by shooting the repairgun at it?

2. Does the Repairgun repair turrets? As a Util guy constantly checking up on his/her defenses, it'd be a helluva lot easier to just repair them for a bit instead of building new ones.

Say, you're the last bastion of defense: All your other turrets are down and the enemy is advancing. You build a few turrets to hold them back while the rest of the team repairs the base. They get shot and shot, and each gets destroyed within seconds of building them. You flip shit seeing your money go down to the double-digits. Then, you remember: DURR, I CAN REPAIR THEM. Repairing your turrets, you find they last a good deal longer and you're not wasting all your money, and they last just long enough to have your team be ready for the assault.

If it's not already implemented, it should be IMO.

3. I like pie. Do you?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:27 am

Post Re: Question about repairing/healing.
1) No, empty mechs are a static 1/2 the total health of their piloted counterpart. There currently is not any way to get around this.

2) I do believe it does but a lot of people say it doesn't.

3) No, I like cake, so you better shoot me now.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Alright, thanks for answering. At least I know not to waste time aiming my repairgun at an empty Raven I spawned <_<

Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:44 am

A question about the repair gun healing players.
I don't see why a gun that originally re-materializes non-organic objects should be able to heal organic stuff like the player.
IMO It just makes the medic class 1/2 more useless and Players should not get healed with a repair gun.
I think the player class have a 0 damage factor to the repair puffs.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:57 am
Profile WWW

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:04 am

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:47 am

ok, thanks.
It is just that I have never really played those classes anyway.
Now it makes more sense.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:44 pm
Profile WWW

Repair gun does not repair turrets. Just tested myself.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:01 pm
Profile WWW

Aw, damn. They should be able to be. Mind if I make a thread in suggestions?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:46 pm
Lead Artist

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:30 am

I know it's possible.. and have thought of that. But I myself think that repairing turrets shouldn't be implemented - what about that invincible row of LRM turrets with a group of engineers constantly repairing them?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Lead Artist

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:46 am

can be done easily.

Also, I am not sure about DamageThing(-6). Since repair puffs only heal players 1 point at a time, why not do the same with the turrets by giving it a health bonus in the Pain.RepairGunDamageIsSoAwesome state.
IMO 10 secs seems a little too much. 1 or 2 secs would be enough.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Lead Artist

I'm just posting sample code, that is meant to do nothing but demonstrate my thoughts.
So edit away!
And I made it -6 because repair guns should 'damage' the turret. (But that damage returns a pain state that gives more health than what was lost.)

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:16 pm

I wouldn't bother thinking about it. I'm highly against repairing turrets.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:46 pm

----------------------------
Projects:
OMP: Opposition Multipurpose Wad (Primary Developer)
AOW 2: Omega (Tester)

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]