[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - How do you gain the upper hand first?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
How do you gain the upper hand first? 

Post Re: How do you gain the upper hand first?
Obv. nothing pertaining to either Skulltag, All Out War, or forum navigation.

----------------------------
Projects:
OMP: Opposition Multipurpose Wad (Primary Developer)
AOW 2: Omega (Tester)

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:12 am

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:34 am

Weird. See, I just got a stand-in mouse to use. It's a generic Logitech optical mouse. It'll get the job done though I won't be anywhere near as good as I was.

At any rate, I have switched my little philosophy... I've learned that instead of putting all my effort into furthering research and finances in the beginning of the game, it works better to get my teammates to do that and focus my energy on preventing them from doing the same. In short, choke off their finances, and keep them busy with a commando+plasma cannon/medic combo at the front lines while the rest of the team infiltrates before they set up any defenses. This ensures that they will not be able to fight back properly, and they cannot launch an attack on our base lest theirs be destroyed. However this requires a lot of teamwork; I've personally used it and it has worked very very well, even after a few games of the other team knowing what was going on.

Last edited by atac on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Denying them from harvesting is extremely successful to delay their progress; especially if you can find a teammate to cover you up. most harvesters are not good in combat, and the class itself is not that hard to kill (Advanced one is a little exception), but choking their researches and prosperity is definitely something that will give the team a upper hand.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:12 pm

Indeed it is. And he best part about the tactic I just described is that you only need 2 people (the Medic and the Medibuddy) to keep the entire opposite team down if your medibuddy is good enough. Having a util make an ammo cache nearby works wonders too. What I've found works for me as a team is:

Commando w/ Plasma Cannon (MediBuddy)
Medic w/ Plasma Cannon for self defense (Me)

Sometimes we've even ended games in less than 10 minutes this way if there's other attackers for me to heal and a dependable util nearby (for ammo).

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:22 pm

I always approach the beginning of the match either two ways:
1. I become regular harvester, get about $1300, and go purchase Adv. Harvester, armor upgrade, and TE .21 CAL, and continuously harvest to provide my team with enough money to get what they need. Harvesters are truly the backbone of the team. So in case some random person comes up to me thinking I'm an easy kill, since I'm harvesting, I just use my chems to kill them off, and taking advantage of my immunity to chemicals.
2. Get out of the field as soon as possible, sometimes using the Machine Gun, and kill off their harvesters. After doing that for a while, I usually end up trying to stealth in base and 4 C4 as often as possible to help disrupt their flow.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:34 pm

I myself always go harvester as soon as the match starts, ask people for donations and get enhanced refining as soon as possible. Then I'll keep as normal harvester and refine and research until everything's done. Then, I tend to be master sergeant or something and keep refining until I have a decent amount of cash (researching costs, you know) and good rank.

After that I do whatever the situation needs, if there's enemies in-field I go and attack them, if enemy doesn't have too good defenses I might go and stealth run, even with a beacon. I rarely use mechs and only get the plasma cannon if I go stealth as I for some reason can't get frags with the plasma cannon.. I also may be utility, if there's no utility in base, but due to my role as a harvester, somebody typically gets the job before me.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:24 pm

1) Buy Tib. gun and harvest for a while, killing anyone who comes to stop us
2) Start researching stuff once I can afford it ( my team usually never donate :( )
3) Try and kill as many people as I can once I've ranked up a few times
4) Buy Plasma Rifle, and suicide (nades)
5) Pick it up, get Plasma Cannon, get Armor upgrades then go Medic
6) ???
7) Profit!

I once managed a whole game and only died ONCE using Medic with Plasma Rifle/Cannon :D

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:28 pm

You know what's fun? Raven rushing. Everyone goes Raven, rushes the obelisk, runs over everybody, then runs to the terminal when they're low on health, ejects, and sets 4 c4 on it. Anyone who tries to get near it cant get through the empty Ravens, and if they try to shoot them, theyll blow up and cause even more damage.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2