[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - How do you gain the upper hand first?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
How do you gain the upper hand first? 

Post How do you gain the upper hand first?
Really, I'm curious to know how you guys do it. Just for the sake of it, here's my outline:

1. I pick harvester and try to appoint a researcher to whom all harvesters donate their money to.
2. I try to raise 900$ by harvesting for an Orca to defend other harvesters, prevent the other team from harvesting, and for another obvious purpose once my health runs low.
3. Once all research is done (Usually in around 4-6 minutes if #1 is followed through) I go Util and make traps for the enemy, and tell some others to keep the enemy occupied with some mechs and/or heavy infantry/bombing runs.
4. Once I'm done Utiling, I might build some Wolves and organize some sort of mechrush to take out their obelisk while I stay put and defend/uphold defenses.
5. After that's all done, I usually go make mini-bases in strategic locations from which to launch assaults and make shortcuts to the enemy base.
6. If all's still going well, then I attempt organize a large-scale mechrush, with me as a Medic healing infantry and mechs under attack at their front lines.
7. The rest of the match follows.

EDIT: I guess I should rephrase that. Those are the STEPS I take, not different methods.

Last edited by atac on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:51 am

Post Re: How do you gain the upper hand first?
8. OR, do it like March: Buy Plasma Rifle. Suicide. Pick Medic. Buy Plasma Cannon, and stack up on whatever shit else you need. Invade enemy base. Don't leave and camp. There you go, they rage and you have the upper hand.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:27 am

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:33 am

Fireproof Advanced harvester + Speed upgrade + Plasma cannon + Bulletproof/Armor upgrade = Winner (If I can get such a combination. It is preety fast now so I can do well even without a speed upgrade, and with all of his armor, I can survive quite some amazing blasts.)
I was once able to dominate a base refinery for about 15 minutes of constant enemy attacks until over 5 people caught me :P
It is really not that hard to get it, since money flow is extremely fast I can get that combination in the first few minutes of gameplay, and it can really help me defend others since I'm basically a human tank. Besides that I take a juggernaut and help repel enemy attacks, I can snipe well with it ( I deny enemy harvesting, block incoming attacks and stall the other team's progress helping mine)

Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:19 am

re:rifleman

huamn tank strategy should be sustainable
not relying on grabbbing random crates.

once i rank up to commando, i use advharvester+firproof+upgradecache+250$upgrade.
it is superb. ask arcaliath. i raped in the tunnels of aow12 for 15 minutes killing 10 lrm turrets and people.
FACT: with the above things mentioned, i take 1-2 damage every lrm hit, 40-50 every timegun hit, 60 every jugg gauss hit.
which means i survived 3 jugg gausses.
TIP: how to kill me:use lrm turrets to blind me. get nades.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:34 pm

On to my REAL strategy :P

I try to grab a Stealth Sniper early on and snipe some harvesters, thus helping us giving me XP, and stopping their money flow. I also try to snipe engis if March doesn't take them down with his Orca first. Otherwise, I pick any class that has moderate speed (Faster than shotgun, unless it's chem/fire sprayer with an Orca). Also, as a stealth, I can get into ANY base. Just give me about $3000, and I can dig a tunnel into their ref/w/e. I get more money near endgame by invading their base, and planting C4's, then killing engis for support packs, and planting more. Rinse, Lather Repeat.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Harvest for a while, do most of the research. Then it is simple for me. Chem grenades, auto tib rifle, harass the other team. Chemical attacks are weaker, but most players are not chem proof, and this leads to a lot of win. Its cheap and easy.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Take down the opponents research before they use it. The game will play itself from there on out.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:43 am

Denying the other team the priviledge to harvest in the beginning works pretty well too.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:45 am

Utility guy = 1 EC4 + repair gun. So if Utility guy + 3 EC4 + enhanced repair gun = advanced utility guy, I will use what I call, the ADVANCED TWISTER METHOD (ATM). Basically, I spawn a few timed C4 ammo. I then throw what I have on the terminal, I just keep throwing it until I have 12 on there, or it blows up. The repair gun is for getaway.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Gunman until I have some cash stockpiled, then buy Stealth Trooper/Commando/Time Cop, get into the enemy base, ????, Profit. If I take the Stealth Trooper route, then I'll wait for a nuke beacon and stealth in, stealth out, drop a building.

----------------------------
Projects:
OMP: Opposition Multipurpose Wad (Primary Developer)
AOW 2: Omega (Tester)

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 am

I know it's nothing new. C4 spam is a part of my method.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:14 am

If it's not new, and you know it, then it isn't your ATM style.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:27 am

My strategy isn't exactly new, I mean, it's prolly the most used thing for tactical demolition, however, it's something I always do.

Projects:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:49 am

Well, what is it?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:54 am

Go read his post at the top of the page >.>

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:56 am

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:59 am

Christ, Twister, are you dense? It's right there, first post of page 2. And I had to find something different to do, because Machine Shop wanted me to swear a bloodoath that I'd get better at the game as opposed to Orca defense.

And Medic, you should have seen what I was doing BEFORE I came up with using that.

Projects:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:01 am

I may be an idiot here, but I am smart in other fields.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next