[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - Mech Rush; Strategy or not?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Mech Rush; Strategy or not? 

Your opinion?
I Love it. I use it all the time. 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
I'd do it if my teammates will, but I don't organize it. 45%  45%  [ 13 ]
Meh. 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Don't like , ruins strategy, and literally reduces it to All Out Spam 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Hate it to death. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
MY FIRST ACTION: RAGEQUIT. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 29

Mech Rush; Strategy or not? 

Post Mech Rush; Strategy or not?
No, this is NOT a rant thread

I'm just curious as to whether or not you consider this a good strategy compared to stealthed C4's and nukes.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:06 am

Post Re: Mech Rush; Strategy or not?
Well, it can be a little spammy. And yes it can be unbalanced. If you are stealthing their base, it is much more likely to fail against titans assaulting yours killing everything in sight in which you have no hope in winning.

The best possible idea is to limit all or all powerful mechs.
This so called tactic was also used in renegade, but could fail easier than aow2.
Mainly because of limitations of weapons to choose from, but then they were tanks anyway.

A suggestion, remove the Juggernaut since it was not from either MW4, or C&C (Just the name was). But have it like the time gun, only have it come out of crates.

Personally, when my team wants to, I'll just purposely go commando.
I will be more likely to survive.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:25 am
Profile WWW

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:08 am

^

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:13 am
Profile WWW

Well, I got a nice big demo uploading. It shows the tactics of both mech rushes and stealth c4.
The map was aow12 and I was on red. 2nd map in demo.
It starts to show teamwork somewhere through it. Be prepared.
I don't want a TL;DW if you decide to watch it.
This shows aspects that should always be shown in all matches.

Mainly, I just wanted to show how these ways were sucessful.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:28 am
Profile WWW

uhh, (this may be stupid to you)
how do you play the demo?

Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:47 pm

well, i only know how to with IDE
Click the play arrow at the bottom, select the demo then it will do the rest.
There are 3 map recordings there.
1st map, well, it was worthless to join
2nd map, the action
3rd map, more action until i had to leave.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:54 pm
Profile WWW

Mechs on their own are pretty useless (except orca) so fucking right I would organize a titan rape.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:30 pm

Mech rushed usually happen with titans and mad cats, however, I have witnessed wolverine and raven spam. Also, there is usually a juggernaut or 2 in the mix, but early on in the game, you can always count on one mech to be spamming the bases. The orca...

On certain maps, you can spam all the way from your own base. This is especially true on maps such as canyon, where you are not only able to spam from the other side, but you can do so on your repair facility, thus regenerating your ammo. Trust me, I once organized a tower of orcas all on the repair facility, spamming the opponent war factory, with a juggy on the bottom to nuke it.

yea... talk about a twist...

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:15 pm

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:56 am

That's just spam, not a mech rush.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:34 pm

I'd use mech rush only for destroy the Obelisk with 2-3 Madcats.
IMO "Mech Spam" is only an excuse to "ragequit".

Personally, I like the mech rush. And I don't whine if my team gets a mech rush, and I don't even care if I'll loose or not. I just take a PlasmaCannon or a MassDriver and spam at them.

One day I got 2 Titans and 1 Madcat with the MD.
But the team doesn't like the action (called Team Game too).

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:57 pm

The only reason mech rushes bother me is because the lag rapes me up the ass.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 pm

On a couple of levels it is just too easy for a mech or two to get close to the obelisk and just walk over the MCT. Even if the mech just sits there, its death explosion will usually destroy the obelisk. This has been an issue ever since the obelisk MCTs were moved outside. I would suggest making MCTs at least be immune to the damage from an exploding mech.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:34 pm

This does happen. The mech explosion itself causes Terrorist damage and the death throes cause Explosion(Red/Blue) damage, both of which the MCT is not shielded from.

Though I don't really know should it be made immune to the mech's death throes. Ever since the obelisk was changed into what it is now it became very difficult to actually destroy, considering it has the 360 degree FOV and Repair Facility health. :/

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:36 pm
Profile WWW

Oh wait - I see what you mean. I thought he meant mech stomps, not mech death.

I disagree with him then - I think the obelisk terminal taking a bit of punishment from a mech death should be perfectly fine.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Maybe the exploding mech should do less damage though, to stop it insta-killing it :s

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Just played a game on AOW09. I managed to sneak in to the red side with KG and 8 C4's (total). We bombed them. We were on a good roll,until red mech "rushed" including sniper fags on the side, not ever seeming to die, and a titan, and some plasma cannons. Either way, it kind of...turned us off. Our succesful STRATEGY was overrun by fags. /rant

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next