[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - AOW Team Etiquette
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
AOW Team Etiquette 

Post Re: AOW Team Etiquette
Personally, I don't like being a leader. Too much work, especially when the chat messages in the console aren't the default chat message colour.
But usually what happens is that when I rush in alone with either a plasma cannon, or Insanity, everyone else follows and starts rushing the base causing it to never have any hope of survival.
This has happened twice on aow12 so far.

Mon May 03, 2010 9:12 am
Profile WWW

Getting hax called on you is probably the best compliment you can get. Means you're no longer a noob, AMIRITE? o/ Hoi! If you take offence to it, learn to develop a sense of humour or something haha. You know what happened yourself so you know it aint hax.

Feh, really, who'd want to take the role of team leader? No one's going to look up to you for it. Half the time all you'll get is, no, I'm too busy and the other half you get absolute silence. You gotta be a dev or seriously well known to get anyone to listen up. The only time I've seen any amount of putting people on pedistals was either lenin or stalin after a game. Everyone wanted to be on their team because they organised the other team in the last match. Made me chuckle because someone wanted to take the inititave to be TL on our team the next match and no one was listening because it aint stalin/lenin. Catch 22, what ya gonna do eh? I think I'll play for fun like most do ;) fun is where it's at!

Usually, it's a case of let the spam happen and pray I somehow slip through to the other base unseen and C4 it and just hope I'm not spotted XD sod the teamplay for the most part these days. Last night was epic though. I slipped into the other base somehow on a really full server on barrens and literally c4'd the entire base on my own within 5 minutes. No one was protecting the base at all and it took a good while for anyone to respond to start defending. No mines, no fake crates, no sandbags, no one coming to shoot me. Golden! I bet there were some people using teamspeak to try to get some people to look for me, but they came way too late. One guy literally spawned on my head as I'm making c4 pickups whilst there's 4 c4s on the terminal already and he does nothing but casually walk out of the building. Man, where's the teamplay in that. Some guys, I tell ya. Moral of the story...don't think spam-locked maps mean your base is attack proof and if you want a protected base DIY cos not everyone's gonna report about those piles of c4s 'till it's way too late. And maybe think about telling people about that utility guy putting c4s on things you just landed on, ey, ey?

Hoi, that reminds me, everyone on my team, if you're reading this, you better start PMming me back! I hate taking on stupid team leader stuff like "hi let's get to know each other cos we're gonna be so super cool team jajajajajaja" and trying to warm things up to talk about gameplay or whatever. 4 of you and not 1 reply in over a week of trying to approach you. If you don't want me to try to start something up team-wise for a team based game, at least say so. Do my posts smell bad or something? Lulz At this rate I just hope you turn up so I don't have to leeroy jenkins 1 vs 5. D:

Mon May 03, 2010 6:07 pm

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Wed May 05, 2010 12:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2