[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - [Fixed] Rocket Jumping Beacons
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
[Fixed] Rocket Jumping Beacons 

Post [Fixed] Rocket Jumping Beacons
In the last match I played, a player from the opposing team rocket jumped onto my team's refinery and planted the nuclear strike beacon (map was Red Zone, if that matters). Because no class that has a disarm function has any means of rocket jumping, I think this tactic is someone unbalanced, since the beacon is essentially impossible to disarm unless a defender goes back to the spawn room and gets and mass driver and figures out the best way to get up onto the building, which may still have a defender on it waiting to kill him anyway. Rocket jumping onto buildings to plant beacons basically feels unbalanced to me because it puts a big advantage to the attacking player (and there need be only one, rather than a team) both in defending the beacon from people disarming it and also in terms of the time it takes for people to go and get mass drivers, especially if they don't immediately realize that the beacon is on the roof of one of their buildings.

I think that buildings should have invisible walls above them so people cannot get on top of them.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:26 am
Report this post

Post Re: Rocket Jumping Beacons
All buildings do have invisible walls. This used to be a trend years ago with jumpjets flying on the (then Power Plant) Research Center's roof and planting beacons, which also instakilled buildings externally as well.

I noticed the Ref window's ledge was able to be walked on, but I didn't think people would actually plant beacons there.

This is a little worrying.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:14 am
Report this post

I have tried this a few times and it's damn hard to actually plant that beacon at that height with an awake opposing team. So hard that I don't think it should be removed. Rather be seen as an intuitive and creative play. :)

The ref is also vulnerable in this way on the ice map with tiberium in back tunnel if someone want's to do anything about it.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:43 am
Report this post

I don't think planting beacons on places that are inaccessible to disarm classes (that don't have any additional weapons) is intentional.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:19 pm
Report this post

It isn't. I've prevented it on a few maps. Which map is it?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:59 pm
Report this post

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:35 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW

I don't know names. :V

It's AOW18 and fixed.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:35 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]