[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - Sniper re-work (ZOMG SAMPLE CODE INCLUDED!)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Sniper re-work (ZOMG SAMPLE CODE INCLUDED!) 

Post Sniper re-work (ZOMG SAMPLE CODE INCLUDED!)
Simply put, this little modification removes the need for the weak sniper rifle by making the weaker shot the default attack of the sniper, but checking if your class is marked as a "sniper" or not before using the more powerful attack. The Stealth sniper rifle wasn't modified because you can't obtain that naturally. The sniper backpack was also modified to give you a Sniper Rifle instead of a weak sniper. Anyway, here's the modified sniper rifle code:

...aaaand the modified backpack code:

Thu May 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Post Re: Sniper re-work (ZOMG SAMPLE CODE INCLUDED!)
The question I mostly have, is what is the end-goal of this? What would putting this in accomplish?

Fri May 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Apparently, he wants to lessen the number of sniper rifle weapons and pack them all into one.

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Sat May 29, 2010 5:24 am

I just didn't like switching up from my sniper rifle to a weapon for close range and getting sent back to my sniper, at which point I'm usually dead.

Sat May 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but sniper classes can no longer get weak sniper rifles. So what exactly is the problem?

Sat May 29, 2010 6:10 pm

When you kill a person carrying a sniper rifle and you pick up the pack, it contains a weak-sniperrifle. Because you have a sniperrifle and not a weak-sniperrifle, you pick up the weapon. When you switch up to it, it'll just put you back at the sniper rifle. But that gives an attacker more than enough time to kill you.

Sun May 30, 2010 4:43 pm

Oh, you mean kind of like how the beacon item disappears, but only after you switch to it?

Sun May 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Yes, something similar to that.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:06 am

The BeaconItem was reworked, thanks to you mentioning that. I had been meaning to do that for quite some time.

As for the new sniper rifle, I'll look over it more closely later, but this is a likely 'yes'.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]