[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - Random sprite tweaking/reworking dump (New name!)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Random sprite tweaking/reworking dump (New name!) 
Lead Artist

Post Random sprite tweaking/reworking dump (New name!)

Before/After

Much less flat, isn't it?

Edit:

Last edited by Blox on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:06 am, edited 5 times in total.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:40 am

Post Re: New SMG sprite tweaking (Pretty simple)
...it looked like that? Good god it looked WORLDS different in Software

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 pm
Lead Artist

Post Re: New SMG sprite tweaking (Pretty simple)

The rocket launcher deserves a de-fuck-shading pass too.
Also chrome.

Edit:

Updated it a bit more, also Blox was there. -- Update: Red version!

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:26 pm
Lead Artist

Post Re: New SMG sprite tweaking (And other stuff)

I like double posting. But updayt.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:11 pm

I like new sprites but it may be stupid if all blue team weapons are blue and all red team weapons are red. Laser weapons may have color difference since they fire beams of team color. Rest of weapons shouldn't. It shouldn't be implemented for all weapons ingame.

Well Done for new sprites guys.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:15 am
Profile WWW

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:34 am

Last edited by atac on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:53 am

At the moment my time is too full to bother fixing up any of the sprites myself (I know it's got problems, I attempted this art style as an experiment but it doesn't seem to be working too well. Another project I suppose.), so here's the base sprites without the flashy effects.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:39 am

yay, i just learned how to use perspective grid in illustrator, so someday i could draw something that resembles retro-future spaec-mahreen weapon (draw shapes in illustrator, export to photoshop and add gradients, textures, effects etc there)
http://i.imgur.com/qwNE5.png
in the other hand i have this tendency of becoming too frustrated by mistakes and not finishing anything ever, so i'm just exalting myself now

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:03 am
Lead Artist

They look much more bland in OGL.

Reason being that there are way too little lighting variation.

It's just slightly bright, dark, dark.. Dark.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:11 am

I took a look at the sprites tonight and I'm trying to figure out the right lighting source. I've concluded that I might as well redo the perspective of the base since the lighting method I have in mind doesn't quite work as is with the unlighted figure.

It turns out that Blox has the right idea for the light source but the specular ray lighting doesn't work too well for the back sides painted as is and otherwise invisible parts of the gun (And also, a lot of per-pixel sharpness is lost in the process). I feel it may be all the easier to just repaint the necessary parts to convey the lighting ray angles a little easier. Of course if Blox wants to make it his own and work on it, that's fine too. I'm cool with that, I don't really care what happens. Venezuela.

Or I can probably just cheat and center every weapon. Saves me the trouble of recalculating every center point and lighting is way easier. That works too. (I'm kidding obviously, that would be throwing a lot of work away.)

tl;dr im a dookie head and im redrawing stuff

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 am

Posting Blox's latest version, with WT and Blox's styles put together.

Yes, it's awesome.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:51 am
Lead Artist

Doing (done?) the flamer.

Alright, here are the SMGs.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Black reflection?
IMO it doesn't fit the flamer at all.
Sometimes the metallic look isn't the best look.
But the MG sprites are looking better.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:18 am
Profile WWW

Looks like toys.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 am
Lead Artist

Blue version without holo sights:

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:20 am

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Lead Artist

@Wartorn - Fixed it. (Hooray for shared Dropbox) :V

As for the flamethrower, I have no idea how to redesign it. Other than making it more like a single, boring pipe with some handles.
In which case this stuff looks much more interesting.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:49 am

In any case, we'll figure something out.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next